Witch.net Forum Index Witch.net
You're now a new taste in this huge cauldron.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teach me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: teach me Reply with quote

hello:) can you teach me magic please? I am tryin to improve my energy and I want to learn white magic..Smile am I in the right place?
Narn
Magus of the Blue Duck
Magus of the Blue Duck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are in the right place. What kind of experience do you have with magick?

The place is still growing, it still is here
It will grow until all of its children are there
Tannim Nimet Dreamwalker
Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! First, I just want to let you know that there is no "white" or "black" magick. All magick is the same. It's the intent, the purpose of your magick working that make it what it is.

For example, if you use a traditionally "white" magick spell for dark purposes, is it not "black" magick? Many new practicioners are confused by this one thing. It happens, it's normal. Just know that there is no real difference.

Many would think that what Wiccans (and other pagans) do is "white magick" while Voodoo and Hoodoo are "black magick." Nope, not the case. Both practices have a variety of purposes and intents.
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the information isis that was an interesting one for me:)
and I didnt practice magic a lot I am practicing meditation I saw my spiritual guide in one of my meditations and I believe in magic but in the internet there are lots of bad information I couldnt find anything helpful..
Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboop wrote:
thank you for the information isis that was an interesting one for me:)
and I didnt practice magic a lot I am practicing meditation I saw my spiritual guide in one of my meditations and I believe in magic but in the internet there are lots of bad information I couldnt find anything helpful..

That's why I love this forum so much (and have been here for so long). I think you can find practically all the information you need right here. In the Beginner's Forum, you'll find a lot of source material that you can put into your own BoS. =)
Queen Bitch
Queen Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good place to start is THIS post, and the Beginner's Advice forum in general. Helps you find much of the info you are looking for. Also, there's a search option on the top menu on this board.

Personally I have learned most by reading books. And many of those are mentioned in the post I linked to.

"But somewhere she heard there was someplace to go
when you die when you live like we do... "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the begginers zone a little and everyone says I have to meditate first. I couldnt find any books about magic:( I am meditating and since im trying to learn magic im meditating everytime. But I really need some advices and some real experiences from you so if you can just tell me your sucesses it would be really helpfull for me to see my way..Smile and I just meditated and used black light instead of white to relax and I dont know why im shaking right now it was so powerful
Narn
Magus of the Blue Duck
Magus of the Blue Duck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betty,

Is there something particular that you want to use Magic for? Perhaps we should write a spell to get it?

What are you doing with Black light to relax, if you don't mind me asking?

The place is still growing, it still is here
It will grow until all of its children are there
Tannim Nimet Dreamwalker
apple
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello betty:) in my opinion if you really want to do some magic you should try to talk with your spiritial guide. Do you know who they are? You should meditate more and in your meditation imagine that you are talking with them. And I believe that the black light idea was came from your spiritual guide because it made you feel good and I guess you like black?Smile
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I know about spiritual guides and yes I tried to talk with them in the past. so you think I have to meditate this way? and yes I like the color black! I was doing nothing just tried the colors..Smile and it was a good feeling!Smile and no I dont want a special think I just want to improve my skills so cant just you give an example about what you did and worked please? I need to believe in you..
Abbysynthe
The Mistress of All Things Naughty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboop wrote:
I just want to improve my skills so cant just you give an example about what you did and worked please? I need to believe in you..

Okay, firstly, improving your skills is up to you, we can help with tools for you to use, I.e. the Beginners forum, but you have to put the work in. Every person is different, what works for one may not work for another. You need to figure out what works for you, no one else can do it for you.

Secondly, we can't help you if you are not going to answer questions asked that might help us to help you better learn. Narn had posted a question for you and never got a response.

You do have to give to get, just like anything else.

*If you think you are beaten, you are; If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you'll lose, you're lost.
For out in the world we find success begins with a person's faith; It's all in the state of mind.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in Themselves and always thinks... "I can."
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did answer his questions:s which one I didnt answer? I know I am reading it and trying to have the tools and do all the things in the begginers zone:) I just wanted to listen other experiences but thats okay if you dont want to share..

and I tried something I cooked for my parents and I putted some different herbs and which I believed I did magic to them and wanted them feel better with these and I dont know if it worked but they thanked for the food they really liked it and it was a great evening we had good time but it can be coincidence..
Kalabora
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboop wrote:
I did answer his questions:s which one I didnt answer? I know I am reading it and trying to have the tools and do all the things in the begginers zone:) I just wanted to listen other experiences but thats okay if you dont want to share..

and I tried something I cooked for my parents and I putted some different herbs and which I believed I did magic to them and wanted them feel better with these and I dont know if it worked but they thanked for the food they really liked it and it was a great evening we had good time but it can be coincidence..

They weren't brownies were they lol?

Here is something I believe may help you I know it helped me tremendiously in clearing up alot of confusion.

Lady of the Earth (http://ladyoftheearth.com/)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Enter. When the next page comes up click on the "Resource Pages" link. There is a treasure trove of knowledge there on a multitude of subject. And it's in more of an article type format and easier to read at least to me. Anyway check it out.

Blessed Be!
~Kalabora

P.S. Oh and the question Absinthe is refering to is when Narn asked you about your use of the black light. I'm curios also. And what you need magick for...

Last edited by Kalabora on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboop wrote:
yes I know about spiritual guides and yes I tried to talk with them in the past. so you think I have to meditate this way? and yes I like the color black! I was doing nothing just tried the colors..Smile and it was a good feeling!Smile and no I dont want a special think I just want to improve my skills so cant just you give an example about what you did and worked please? I need to believe in you..

What's not to believe? We've given you that nudge, that push to other parts of the forum, where you can find so much more information. What else do you require?
Seraphim of Hope

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you need to believe in us? the only person you need to have faith in is you.

We all had to work hard to get to where we are today. why do you think we would tell you all that we learned just because you want it? We know nothing about you. There is no reason for us to share anything with you.

You come here and the first thing you do is demand to be taught. I find that very rude. All you need to start figuring out your path you can easily find reading through the forum.

Once you did some reading and have questions about the subjects we will be happy to help you with those.

May you be filled with lovingkindness
May you be well in body and mind
May you be peaceful and free from fear
May you be truly happy, and free from suffering
Kalabora
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Midnight Moon wrote:
why do you need to believe in us? the only person you need to have faith in is you.

Very well put.

Magick is about will. And having faith that you can make changes in your life. Empower yourself and refining your self and energy...let's say idk...look at it this way you are on one side of a canyon and in the distance you see what (or who) you want there. On your side you have an abundance of rope and small planks. You can't just yell across the canyon for someone to come to you. You have to get your hands dirty and start making the bridge. Putting all the individual items together to create your bridge to move across to your goal. In other words this is something that is solely your responsibility to do.

I hope that helped took me a little bit to work that all out in my head lol
Trayas
Earthbound Spirit
Earthbound Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Books is the best way to start, there are a dozens of "Witchcraft for Beginners" type book. Which can be bought over the internet or even from most bookshops these days, usually in the "Self Help" section ironically.
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalabora wrote:

They weren't brownies were they lol?

Here is something I believe may help you I know it helped me tremendiously in clearing up alot of confusion.

Lady of the Earth (http://ladyoftheearth.com/)

P.S. Oh and the question Absinthe is refering to is when Narn asked you about your use of the black light. I'm curios also. And what you need magick for...

lol no it was some real food Very Happy and this website is so good thank you a lot:)
I was doing nothing:) I was trying to meditate different ways and generally people using white light for relaxation so I though I can try other colors too. I tried also blue, green and yellow. nothing happened with these colors but black light was so different..
and I need magic for self improvement I know every human has this power and I dont want to deny it I want to use myself every possible way and mostly I want to help people thats all :)

Trayas wrote:
Books is the best way to start, there are a dozens of "Witchcraft for Beginners" type book. Which can be bought over the internet or even from most bookshops these days, usually in the "Self Help" section ironically.

yes I searched for books but a real one was so hard to find. I found some old book about myths its helping for now..
Kalabora
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betty, Your intentions sound good. And I'm glad I could help with the link. Wink
apple
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean while saying you need to believe in us.. and I dont think you mean anything rude or bad you just tried to be honest. we are talking about magick and unnatural stuff thats so normal that you wanted to hear some real stories Smile message me and I can teach you anyhow and anyway you want:)
MombaBella
She's Sweet Poison
She's Sweet Poison

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have just started your magick education, I personally think its too soon for you to be practicing magick on ANYONE. You don't have the experience or the knowledge to proceed at this time. Magick is a life long learning lesson. There are no Cliff Notes for magick.

"We strive to destroy the evil around us. Yet, we often forget that there is no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. Perhaps a plant it the best analogy. A plant realizes that too little light is deadly, but it also knows that too much light is equally deadly. It is the balance of the two that makes the world."
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I never thought about it and I tried it couple times thanks for the advice I wont do this again Shocked

and thank you so much apple im messagin you:)
Robert MoonShadow
The Pirate Farmer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narn wrote:
Betty,

Is there something particular that you want to use Magic for? Perhaps we should write a spell to get it?

What are you doing with Black light to relax, if you don't mind me asking?

Reading this, I understood it to be a gentle and subtle way of urging you to define your goals, as well as your intentions, concerning magic and its part in your life.
"This is me - this is where I am, now.
This is who I want to be, where I want to be at."
Then you can understand that magic is but a tool - a method - to help get you to there, and how to use it.

At least, that's how I'm learning to see it...I've had trouble using it, myself...but stepped back and am defining the me and the path, first, which is helping me a lot.
Hope this helps.

MoonShadow Farms
bettyboop
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is me - this is where I am, now.
This is who I want to be, where I want to be at."

I really loved this one:) im always asking myself "is this who I am? if I were me would I do this?"
thank you and yes it helped:))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Witch.net Forum Index -> The Spell Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: