Witch.net Forum Index Witch.net
You're now a new taste in this huge cauldron.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating Spells

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KittyKatGirl88
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Creating Spells Reply with quote

Does anyone know how I can make my spells work? Usually when I make spells, I make them rhyme. They never seem to work though. I've never understood that. Can anyone help?
MaitresseKatje
Grayheart Wolfwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spells work because of your intent and the power you raise, not the words you speak. If you're not raising power when you say the rhymes, they're not going to work.

The reason they suggest to say your spells in rhymes is because rhymes are easier to remember, so you can concentrate less on remembering what you're supposed to be saying and more on the power you're raising.

Trayas
Earthbound Spirit
Earthbound Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree, I said something similar on another post. A nice short sentence that rhymes is best, then you can chant it quickly and easily to raise the power to cast the spell.
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering what your definition of "working" means... When you make a spell, it's not necessarily about something happening instantly, like in Harry Potter.

In reality, a spell is tool for focusing, for directing energy and intent. You'd be surprised how something subtle can change a situation, at the very least in the way that you personally would approach a situation.

-Whisper
She's Sweet Poison
She's Sweet Poison

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep yep. Well said.

RatWhisperer wrote:
I'm wondering what your definition of "working" means... When you make a spell, it's not necessarily about something happening instantly, like in Harry Potter.

In reality, a spell is tool for focusing, for directing energy and intent. You'd be surprised how something subtle can change a situation, at the very least in the way that you personally would approach a situation.

-Whisper

"We strive to destroy the evil around us. Yet, we often forget that there is no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. Perhaps a plant it the best analogy. A plant realizes that too little light is deadly, but it also knows that too much light is equally deadly. It is the balance of the two that makes the world."
Trayas
Earthbound Spirit
Earthbound Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats indeed a good point. I remember reading somewhere that the energy of a spell moves into the spiritual realm in order to work, so there might be an unpredictable time delay on casting the spell and it working.
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! And sometimes, a magical working may not turn out the way you want, but the way that the universe meant it to be. Smile
She's Sweet Poison
She's Sweet Poison

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to point out as a beginner, spells are not the first thing you want to experiment with. Get in touch with WHO you are, WHO you connect with........a lot of preparation goes into becoming one with Nature, the Universe and a Deity you are one with.

WAY before you can use your will and intent on a spell.

"We strive to destroy the evil around us. Yet, we often forget that there is no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. Perhaps a plant it the best analogy. A plant realizes that too little light is deadly, but it also knows that too much light is equally deadly. It is the balance of the two that makes the world."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Witch.net Forum Index -> The Spell Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: