Witch.net Forum Index Witch.net
You're now a new taste in this huge cauldron.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House Blessing Ritual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: House Blessing Ritual Reply with quote

This is from the Pagan Dad blog. I posted this in Daily Devotions earlier and thought it would go in here nicely.

Last Friday I talked about making a Brighid's Cross to be used in a house blessing ritual. Well here is the house blessing ritual. You can use this after you clean your house for the Sabbat. If you don't want to use chemicals for this cleaning, then look back at my post on using vinegar to clean.

Items Needed
White Candle
Chalice of Water
Brighid's Cross
Bell for each child participating
Instructions

Let the children walk through the house ringing the bells in each room. Tell them to imagine the sound bringing in light. As they do so have them say in each room:
The sound brings the light
Chases the shadow
Then walk through with the children helping them to sprinkle water in each room. Have them say:
With this water I bless this house
Let it be washed clean

Next go through the house with the white candle. Parents hold the candle unless your child is old enough to not set themselves on fire. Have the children say:
With this fire I bless this house
Let it be made pure
Finally take the Brighid's Cross through the house. In each room have them say:
Brighid, Brighid bringer of the light
Bless this house and fill it with love
When you are done you can hang the Brighid's Cross over your front door. This will ensure blessings for the entire year.

Blessed Be!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Witch.net Forum Index -> The Spell Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: