Witch.net Forum Index Witch.net
You're now a new taste in this huge cauldron.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something wonderful to share!...warning, long!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Something wonderful to share!...warning, long! Reply with quote

I hope this is posted in the right section... if not I am sure that our Goddesses of the board will direct my posting to it's rightful place.

I wanted to share my recent experience finding the Feri Tradition, which I will be starting my training in next July.

First off, some background. My mom was a "Queen Elf's Daughter" back in San Francisco in the early 1970s, they were basically a Tolkien cult and dressed like elves, spoke elvish and went to Renaissance Faires, etc. Many of her cohorts became "Silver Elves" later, or a lot of them went to the Reclaiming/Feri tradition later. My mom joined the Church of All Worlds and moved to Mendocino County, CA (www.caw.org) which is where I was born.

I have always been interested in Feri/Reclaiming but have not learned much about it because until recently it has been a very secretive tradition, and is still considered a mystery tradition where most of the key principles, concepts, names of deities, etc are not revealed to the general public.

Over my lifetime though, I had some really wonderful experiences... ever since the age of 4 I had a winged man come to visit me in my dreams. He was either in one form or another. One form was that he was completely blue like Krishna and had large peacock feather wings, black hair, snakes tattooed all over his body and a rose wreath around his neck. He told me his name was Anumelek in some dreams or Anumiel in others. The other form he would take was all brown like dirt with big dark dirty dreadlocks, an erect phallus, and all sorts of body jewelry. He also had leathery bat wings. He used to pick me up in his arms and say, "let's go!" I was TERRIFIED at first, and wouldn't do it for years.

Finally, a spiritual mentor of mine said, "Why don't you just try and see where he takes you?" So I did. He took me to a big open field. I met the man who would later become my husband there in the dream, he even told me his name and birthdate (which believe me when I showed my dream journal to my husband years later he was really amazed).

Anumelek told me that he was my guide and that I was meant for great things in my life. He also showed me a beautiful vision. It was two people, a man and a woman. They were almost one person, but each faced away from the other so that they retained their own personal identifying traits. The man was green and the woman was pink, The woman had a snake wrapped around her arm and the man carried an ankh in his hand. I was in complete awe. I just felt like it explained everything about gender, duality, God/Goddess, etc.

I painted the vision on my wall as a mural when I was 13. Now I have it tattooed on my back (see the avatar). I also painted a picture of Anumelek which is on the cover of my BOS.

Well... a few weeks ago I went to a public talk being given by T. Thorn Coyle who is the author of a book called "Evolutionary Witchcraft which I had purchased but hadn't read yet. She started talking about the "Peacock Angel," and she described his two forms, and I started to get chills. Then she started talking about the "Divine Twins" and describing them, and I started shaking because she was describing exactly what I had seen.

Then we took a break in the middle of the talk. She turned, looked straight at me and walked right up to me... "What's your name?" she asked. "Rozaylia, I said." She smiled at me, and I couldn't stand it any longer. "I have to show you something," I said. I had her look at my tattoo. The whole time she looked she said,

"Oh my God, oh my god... it's got the snake and everything. Oh wow. This is amazing."

And then she invited me to be her student. She's doing a training here in Denver next year and I am going to be part of it. I am SO overjoyed. I feel like I've finally found the perfect path for me, and there's bizarre connections that span Goddess knows how many lifetimes... wow. I am just floating on cloud nine.

And if I wasn't happy or amazed enough I decided when I got home to google the "Peacock Angel" and found out that his common name is "Melek 'Taus" or "Azazel" He is commonly thought by Xtian thinking folks to be evil, but to the practitioners of Feri they know him to be good and wise.

But the best part.... I was looking for images of him, and found a painting almost IDENTICAL in concept to my own. I am so amazed. I feel like I'm part of some big story and I can't wait to find my place in it.

I've attached pictures of my own painting (done in 1996), and the paintings that I found online

Here's mine:

Here's the others that I found:

(That's the one I almost fell off of my chair when I found)

Thanks for letting me go through this really long share, but I really felt like I wanted to tell everyone about it. It's very special to me.

-Roz
Queen Bitch
Queen Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is soo cool! So all these years you have had these dreams, and then you find they are all part of a religion you hadn't known much about.
That is really unique. I guess you being raised in a pagan way would open up doors for you, since you have been open to spirituality all your life.

And that about you seeing your husbond too, did you know it was him when you met him the first time??

"But somewhere she heard there was someplace to go
when you die when you live like we do... "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can thank my mom for most of this: She always encouraged me to keep a dream journal and to pay attention to my dreams...

As to the question about my husband:
That's actually kind of how we met. In the tiny town we lived in in California there was only one goth club, and it was on a Wednesday night... I was dancing, and he walked into the room, and I knew instantly that it was him.

He ended up approaching me and saying hi and we've been together ever since!

-Roz
Queen of the Damned
Queen of the Damned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this has a lot to do with otherworldly beings visiting you, I think this should go in the Spirit Realm. :)

Very, very interesting experiences! Thank you so much for typing out everything for us. Very Happy

Btw, I think Mr. Peacock Angel is really fricking handsome, you lucky bitch you! In Love

What though the field be lost?
All is not lost -- the unconquerable will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's hott. Twisted Evil

And I definitely do not mind that you moved my post... I wasn't sure where to put it really anyhoo. Thanks muchly!

-Roz
Queen of the Damned
Queen of the Damned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue skin . . . peacock feathers . . . snake tattoos . . . garland of roses . . .

It just can't get any better than that!!! *swoons in frustration* faint

RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially the peacock feathers... MEOW Evil or Very Mad

-Roz =^..^=
Queen of the Damned
Queen of the Damned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyway, on a completely unrelated topic from what we've just been talking about, I think you should definitely do some more artwork of him. And post it. Definitely. Shen's Face

Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, I don't read this forum, but I felt drawn to it.

Roz, I gotta say WOW. That's really amazing. Please please share more artwork. Kudos to your mom for encouraging you to keep a dream journal. That's some really amazing stuff.
She's Sweet Poison
She's Sweet Poison

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a completely AMAZING life experience ~ that is obviously just beginning! Congratulations Roz!

And yes, please post more artwork of The Hot Blue Angel.........and keep us updated (as you see fit) on how its going with your teacher.

"We strive to destroy the evil around us. Yet, we often forget that there is no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. Perhaps a plant it the best analogy. A plant realizes that too little light is deadly, but it also knows that too much light is equally deadly. It is the balance of the two that makes the world."
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely have more artwork, and more of him too, but I don't have a scanner, so it's hard to post it. I have to take photographs of it and they don't always come out well...

But because you all are lovely sweet people I will try to figure out some way, promise!

-Roz
Circe the Enchantress

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very intresting roz ...Hmmm while I was reading your post I noticed something as you wrote down as a name of that angel" Melek taus" ...Melek Taus is something Turkish and Taus means peacock in Turkish and Melek means Angel ..so it means peacock angel !We do not belive that he is devilish and evil but for us he Brings good luck and he helps people bringing Luck ! He apears in cultures belives during the history tho , east to west !
I like your art work btw Very Happy

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul." - Henry Ward Beecher
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes I know he's not evil in Turkey (I forgot you were from Turkey that's right!! Cool Beans!)

There are certain Christian and Islamic groups who associate him with Lucifer or with Satan for some reason... I've been researching him a lot lately and I'm not exactly sure why they think this...

Specifically (and you probably already know this) he's Yazidi, and yes they definitely consider him to be benevolent.

Thank you for sharing so much... and any input you might have let me know!

-Roz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Witch.net Forum Index -> The Spirit Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: