Witch.net Forum Index Witch.net
You're now a new taste in this huge cauldron.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My son

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pheonix
Pheonix RISING

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: My son Reply with quote

My brother, Ian, died 7 years ago. It was pretty ugly and we were tight all our lives. He was 36 at the time and it nearly killed me. He was just 2 years older than me.
Then I gave birth to my son, Owen. A person I know who is intensly psychic (apparently) told me when he (Owen) comes that he will be Ian. this woman told me this before I even knew the sex. I constantly call Owen, Ian... almost every other day.
Hmmm I wonder to myself the possiblity of my brother being back so soon as my offspring.
Any comments or thoughts are welcome.
Oh another thing is that Owen is going to be 4 and he can golf. He really can and my brother was a great golfer. Owen will insist if his little golf bag does not have clubs in it that he wants his swords in there so he can carry it around with him.
Maybe I am just hoping or maybe it is just untrue. I would love to really know though.
Pheonix
Pheonix RISING

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear this is a pretty weak inquiry.
Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very possible.
She's Sweet Poison
She's Sweet Poison

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done any type of divination or gotten any type of reading to validate?

"We strive to destroy the evil around us. Yet, we often forget that there is no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. Perhaps a plant it the best analogy. A plant realizes that too little light is deadly, but it also knows that too much light is equally deadly. It is the balance of the two that makes the world."
Pheonix
Pheonix RISING

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BellaDonna and Isis.
I have never done either of what you asked BellaDonna. I would need some direction on how to do those things.
*tears up*
I cannot tell you how grateful I would be for some help on this. My brother had a hard life with this last one. I would love to be able to talk to him.
TwilightUllDarach
Earthbound Spirit
Earthbound Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be wonderful to know the spirit of your brother is present in the world today, I definitely agree that some divination work is in order. However, I think it is important to remember that even if he has reincarnated as Owen, Owen is probably not aware of it. Also, it seems unlikely that you'd be able to talk to Ian the way you knew him while the spirit that is him dwells in another body. Owen and Ian are not exactly the same person and it may be difficult 1) to separate your feeling for your son from those of your brother, and 2) for Owen to grow up thinking he is Ian's incarnation. He may feel all kinds of undue pressure to be just like him or risk having it turn out that he is not, in fact, Ian's incarnate.

I certainly do not mean to say that you are currently putting such pressures on him either consciously or unconsciously, he's only 4 and I'm sure you realize that. I'm just saying that it's a possibility to keep in mind, and I say so because I find that if one realizes well enough ahead of time that something could become a problem, then they usually possess enough presence-of-mind to keep it ever from becoming one.

"Seasons don't fear The Reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain
We can be like they are" - Blue Oyster Cult
MombaBella
She's Sweet Poison
She's Sweet Poison

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your PM's hon.

"We strive to destroy the evil around us. Yet, we often forget that there is no light without darkness, nor darkness without light. Perhaps a plant it the best analogy. A plant realizes that too little light is deadly, but it also knows that too much light is equally deadly. It is the balance of the two that makes the world."
MaitresseKatje
Grayheart Wolfwalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwilightÙllDarach wrote:
I think it would be wonderful to know the spirit of your brother is present in the world today, I definitely agree that some divination work is in order. However, I think it is important to remember that even if he has reincarnated as Owen, Owen is probably not aware of it. Also, it seems unlikely that you'd be able to talk to Ian the way you knew him while the spirit that is him dwells in another body. Owen and Ian are not exactly the same person and it may be difficult 1) to separate your feeling for your son from those of your brother, and 2) for Owen to grow up thinking he is Ian's incarnation. He may feel all kinds of undue pressure to be just like him or risk having it turn out that he is not, in fact, Ian's incarnate.

I certainly do not mean to say that you are currently putting such pressures on him either consciously or unconsciously, he's only 4 and I'm sure you realize that. I'm just saying that it's a possibility to keep in mind, and I say so because I find that if one realizes well enough ahead of time that something could become a problem, then they usually possess enough presence-of-mind to keep it ever from becoming one.

Seconded.

My mom is pretty convinced that I'm the incarnate of the love of her life, who died 7 years before I was born and should have been my father. Her conviction has convinced me, and I wish it hadn't, because I'd like to be able to go into past-life regression without any expectations. Those expectations could influence what I may discover while doing that past-life regression. And I don't want that to happen.

As it is, it's made me a bit fearful of attempting to remember my past-lives. I think I'm waiting for outside validation, like from my shaman teacher, to tell me -- no, you actually remembered this.

Which isn't to say that mom's theory doesn't make sense -- my absolute terror when I saw Pearl Harbor for the first time (the place, not the film), my absolute obsession with WWII, my intense desire to smoke, even before I started. And mom says I'm full of mannerisms that are so totally Spence that I couldn't have gotten them anywhere else.

But still. I would have liked to be blank. Now I feel like if I turn out not to be Spence, mom will be disappointed.

Pheonix
Pheonix RISING

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again BellaDonna. Thanks for your imput as well Twilight (hope you don't mind me using just the first part). My thinking that Owen could have Ian's spririt will probaby be somenthing that I hold to myself. When Owen is old enough he will know that his Uncle was here and now he is not, but there will not be much beyond that he needs to know. I appreciate you bringing to mind the idea that I need to keep it 'real' for each of us. I may have never even thought about that and I appreciate it.
My approach will be one of intense gratitude, but that is probably the extent of it. I hope that wherever Ian is that he is having a much nicer time then when he was here. He got so shafted by my parents. Who knows. I am comfortable in my heart about where he is overall. I don't want to keep yanking at him with my feelings either. I am sure he has work to do.
Janua thank you as well for sharing your thoughts. The way I think and the way those around me think is so different. I couldn't possibly see myself laying any information on my immediate family about what I believe. Much of what I think is secret. It will always be that way until they show the same interests, because otherwise they may want me to get 'help'. Hahaha
It feels so neat to be able to talk to others about this thing with Owen and Ian. I love it! Man am I grateful.
Good day to you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Witch.net Forum Index -> The Spirit Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: