Witch.net Forum Index Witch.net
You're now a new taste in this huge cauldron.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspired by Isis ~ Daily Practices?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Inspired by Isis ~ Daily Practices? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I'm putting this thread into the right section, so dearest moderators feel free to move it if need be.

First of all... thank you so much Isis for posting those daily devotionals. I love reading them. Even if they're about something I "know" already, I love being reminded and refreshed. I look forward to reading each one. Thank you for putting energy into doing that for us. It's so thoughtful.

I personally have a daily practice... and I was wondering if others do too. Would anyone be willing to share what they do? I'd love to know.

My goal is to share and compare and possibly get some more good ideas to add to my own practice.

To start: here's what I do.

1) I meditate or "sit" each morning for at least 20 minutes, and I have a 15 minute yoga routine.
This helps my awareness level and gets my body moving. It's better than coffee for me to get my thoughts together.

2) I say "the Holy Mother Prayer" by Thorn Coyle which connects me to divinity during the day.

3) I think of several things that I'm grateful for, and I say some affirmations.

4) Before bed I do a chakra meditation (relaxes me and helps me sleep).

I am totally willing to expand on any of those things, if anyone's curious. Can't wait to hear from others!

-Roz
The Pirate Farmer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this would count as a 'devotional' thing to do, but it helps me center & I feel more closely connected to my Gods & Goddesses because of it:

I take the time each day (if possible) to just sit and "be", amongst my animals, and during the season, my farm/garden. I observe their behavior (and the changes in the plants/gardens), watching their patterns & moods. It brings me peace - and often much-needed laughter - while also dealing with the prosaic: it allows me to see that all is secure, healthy, safe & content.
Yes, a garden can be content - or stressed (water, heat, deer predations).

Sorry Roz, if this isn't really what most people would call a 'daily devotion' or ritual, but it's the closest thing I've got, and it's most definitely spiritual (for me, anyways). What can I say? I'm just weird, that way.

MoonShadow Farms
Pheonix
Pheonix RISING

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to say thanks for the daily devotionals. They are super and very thoughtful.

Walking first thing in the morning is my daily devotion.
I also let one of my crystals reach me so that I know to clean and take that one for the day.

My family and I always offer our gratitude at meal time each evening.
We usaually do not take the food in our mouths without first doing that.

Robert I agree that gardens have ebbs- n -tides so to speak.
Like the animals, they are people too. People laugh when I refer to my plants as girl or guy, but I am most serious as to that is the way I see them.

To thine own self be true.
RatWhisperer
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert MoonShadow wrote:

Sorry Roz, if this isn't really what most people would call a 'daily devotion' or ritual, but it's the closest thing I've got, and it's most definitely spiritual (for me, anyways). What can I say? I'm just weird, that way.

I think it's wonderful. Honestly I look at most activities of my life (even my job) in a spiritual way and I think about how I can apply them to my spiritual self.

My pet rats for instance (I have nine). They are my teachers too... how they look at every single object with the utmost curiosity, how grateful they are for a treat even if it's a broccoli end. This reminds me to look at each moment in my life as if it's new. Rats have short lives but they live life to the fullest!!

I'm thinking about this especially today as one of my rats is on her deathbed... Sad but I know that she's comfortable and sleeping. I've watched her cagemate clean her and cuddle with her. She hasn't left her side for about a day. It's amazing to watch...

Animals are amazing.

EDIT: I also wanted to say... never apologize for who you are. Smile

Last edited by RatWhisperer on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Isis
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Inspired by Isis ~ Daily Practices? Reply with quote

IndigoParadox wrote:

2) I say "the Holy Mother Prayer" by Thorn Coyle which connects me to divinity during the day.

Would you post this please? I'd love to have something to do or say as I'm getting ready in the morning. I can tape it to the bathroom mirror and recite it, either aloud or mentally, as I'm getting ready.

Thanks!

Oh, and the devotionals I post are copied/pasted from what I'm emailed. One of these days, I'll sit down and come up with some of my own to post.
Bunnywunny Pancakehead
Bunnywunny Pancakehead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Mother Prayer - Thorn Coyle

Holy Mother in Whom we live move and have our being
From you all things emerge and unto you all things return.
Open our hearts this blessed day, touch our bodies and our minds.
Walk with us through the gates of power.
In shadow and starlight
in fire meeting earth
in the wind on the ocean
and the sweet kiss of life.
Blessed be our Journey.

At the end of the day I say the first two lines again... a devoking for an invoking.
Tarot Mistress
Tarot Mistress

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndigoParadox wrote:
Holy Mother Prayer - Thorn Coyle

Holy Mother in Whom we live move and have our being
From you all things emerge and unto you all things return.
Open our hearts this blessed day, touch our bodies and our minds.
Walk with us through the gates of power.
In shadow and starlight
in fire meeting earth
in the wind on the ocean
and the sweet kiss of life.
Blessed be our Journey.

At the end of the day I say the first two lines again... a devoking for an invoking.

Very nice. Thank you so much!

Check your private messages.
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a really good one IndigoParadox, I will save a copy to my desktop thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Witch.net Forum Index -> The Spell Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: